Many of the apartments we manage have dishwashers. And if you have one, you most likely use it. But did you know these 7 interesting things about your dishwasher?
- Water efficiency. Your dishwasher most likely uses less water than you would use to clean dishes by hand.
- Running your dishwasher in the evening may save money. Why? Because in many areas across the country your electricity is cheaper during off-peak times (nighttime). Check with your utility company to find out more.
- Help your dishwasher do its job. Leaving dirty dishes with dried-on food sit in it for days before you run the cycle is most likely not going to get the dishes clean. Try rinsing your dishes before putting them inside the washer.
- Make sure your dishes are being washed with hot water. How? Run your hot water for a few moments using your sink faucet. This will ensure that the dishwasher starts out using hot water.
- Oh, so many uses! Your dishwasher can do more than just wash dishes. Try removing all of the dishes and washing children's toys and other small household items. You'll be amazed!
- Utensils. Ever wonder why some of your utensils are not being cleaned? Make sure you put them "handle down" so that the part you eat from is facing up and will receive a good wash.
- Not running? If your dishwasher will not turn on, it could be an issue with electrical breaker, or other issue. Luckily of you lease an apartment that Green Property Management manages, we will be happy to check this out for you and get it running. Call our maintenance department to schedule an appointment.